On election day, Ohio voters will decide State Issue 1 , which, if passed, would change drug possession felonies to misdemeanors, steering non-violent drug offenders away from prison and into treatment.
Ohio's 1st Congressional District has been held by Republican Steve Chabot in all but two of the past 25 years. The district is made up of most of western Hamilton County and parts of the county north of the city. In 2016, Chabot was re-elected with an 18-percentage point margin.
NPR News Headlines
- Republican Voter Suppression Efforts Are Targeting Minorities, Journalist Says
- California Judge Cuts Award To $78.5 Million In Monsanto Weedkiller Case
- Man Sentenced In Germany For Poisoned Baby Food Scheme
- A 24-Year-Old Midwife Was Taken Hostage In March — And Killed This Month
- Sandra Day O'Connor Says She Has Dementia, Withdraws From Public Life