Kentuckians will have a new option the next time they go to get their driver's licenses renewed. The state announced Monday how it plans to follow the federal Real ID act of 2005, which Congress passed in the wake of the September 11 terrorist attacks.
Bryce Carlson departed St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada, on June 27, rowing solo and unassisted across the North Atlantic Ocean. He arrived at St. Mary's, Isles of Scilly, UK, on August 4. His time of 38 days, 6 hours and 49 minutes beat the previous world record for the 2,000 mile journey by 15 days. The Seven Hills School biology teacher and endurance athlete is the first American to complete a west-to-east, solo, unassisted row across the North Atlantic.
NPR News Headlines
- Lunch Lady Larceny? Cafeteria Workers Allegedly Stole Half A Million Dollars
- Dozens Of Cars Torched By Masked Youths In Western Sweden, Authorities Say
- Nebraska Carries Out 1st Execution Using Fentanyl In U.S.
- Watch This Native Pollinator Build Her Bee-Jeweled Nest
- At Least 35 People Die After Span Of Busy Highway Bridge Collapses In Italy