If you thought for a moment that the choice between Republican Mike DeWine and Democrat Richard Cordray for Ohio governor was a choice between Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum, get over it.
Like many smaller post-industrial cities, Dayton, Ohio , was hit hard by the Great Recession and continues efforts to transform its business and employee base to meet the needs of our new tech economy. The city also suffers a high poverty rate and has been battling the ongoing opioid crisis.
NPR News Headlines
- Indian Authorities Say Flight Crew Forgot To Pressurize Airplane Cabin
- From 'Everything Under' To 'Overstory': The 2018 Man Booker Prize Shortlist
- Kim Wants New Summit With Trump, Moon Says After Visiting North Korea
- Trump Officials 'Did Not Want' Census Survey To Ask About Sexual Orientation
- In Lab Turned Casino, Gambling Monkeys Help Scientists Find Risk-Taking Brain Area