The Ohio Election Commission will do its own investigation into whether or not Democratic congressional candidate Aftab Pureval improperly spent money from his state campaign fund on his federal race. That would be a violation of Ohio election law.
Like many smaller post-industrial cities, Dayton, Ohio , was hit hard by the Great Recession and continues efforts to transform its business and employee base to meet the needs of our new tech economy. The city also suffers a high poverty rate and has been battling the ongoing opioid crisis.
NPR News Headlines
- Stuck In Traffic? You're Not Alone. New Data Show American Commute Times Are Longer
- Hackers Steal $59 Million In Cryptocurrency From Japanese Exchange
- World Sports Agency Reinstates Russia After Doping Scandal
- Ireland Plans To Offer Abortions For Free, As Ban Is Officially Repealed
- Puerto Rico's Tap Water Often Goes Untested, Raising Fears About Lead Contamination