Gateway Community College and Northern Kentucky University are partnering to make it easier for Gateway students to pursue four-year degrees at NKU.
Students can choose from 25 career paths and take up to four NKU classes at Gateway prices. All of their credits will transfer as well.
NKU President Geoffrey Mearns says the partnership will offer better service to all students, more efficient and effective use of resources and enhance opportunities for students to pursue their goals.
Participating Gateway students will also have full access to all NKU extracurriculars and facilities such as libraries. Both schools the partnership will make it less expensive to get a college degree.
Earlier this week Miami University announced a similar partnership with Columbus State:
Students who graduate with an associate degree and a 2.0 grade point average from Columbus State will be eligible for guaranteed admission to Miami University.
Miami University is also committed to providing a limited number of scholarships for eligible students.
In addition, while attending Columbus State students in this new program will have access to on-site academic advising from both Miami and Columbus State. They will also have academic support services including:
· Workshops and presentations by Miami University staff. (Topics include: time management, Admission 101, Parent 101, financial aid, and majors and programs.)
· Access to Miami University resources and special events
· Access to a transfer center
· Automatic transfer credit evaluations
· An early connection to Miami University's career services
· Assistance with navigating the admission and financial aid process
· Major and program guides/degree plans with specific course details providing guided routes toward a Miami University bachelor's degree
· Monthly newsletters focusing on Miami University and transfer topics
· Priority considerations for Miami University transfer scholarships
Source: Miami University