University of Cincinnati Board of Trustees Chair Rob Richardson has named the people who will oversee the search process for a new UC president.
The sixteen people, including Richardson, are a combination of past and present UC trustees, alumni, students, deans, and faculty, with one community member and a representative from the Ohio Department of Higher Education.
The committee includes:
1. Shakila Ahmad, UC Foundation Board of Trustees
2. C. Francis Barrett, Past Chairman, UC Board of Trustees
3. Thomas D. Cassady, UC Board of Trustees
4. Phil D. Collins, UC Board of Trustees
5. Thomas H. Humes, Past Chairman, UC Board of Trustees
6. Ericka King-Betts, Community Member
7. Richard P. Lofgren, President and CEO, UC Health
8. W. Troy Neat, UC Alumni Association
9. Mitchell A. Phelps, Undergraduate Student Government
10. Robert Probst, Dean, College of Design, Architecture, Art & Planning
11. Sid Thatham, Graduate Student Government
12. Tina F. Whalen, Dean, College of Allied Health Sciences
13. Faculty Member, to be elected by Faculty Senate
14. Faculty Member, to be elected by Faculty Senate
15. Ohio Department of Higher Education Designee, to be selected by the Chancellor
According to Richardson, "The presidential search committee will engage a professional search firm to assist us with this comprehensive national search. More details on the search process, timeline and website—as well as on opportunities for you to provide input and monitor progress—will be forthcoming."
Earlier this month, President Santa Ono announced he would leave the university this summer to accept the president's position at the University of British Columbia.