The nuns from Old St. Mary's Church in Over-the-Rhine are rooting for the Bengals.
This Week On 'Cincinnati Edition'
From The WVXU Newsroom
The five-day program aims to provide teachers with methods to connect the teachings of the Holocaust to modern day society.
A roadmap for developing a "convention center district" in downtown Cincinnati passed easily through council Wednesday, but Hamilton County Commissioners were divided on the issue Thursday.
They include CPS Interim Superintendent Tianay Amat, Middletown City Schools Superintendent Marlon Styles, and Detroit Public Schools Community District Deputy Superintendent Iranetta Wright.
"I think, if toilet paper is considered an essential item or soap is considered an essential item for our bodily functions, why aren't period products?" posits a member of the Hamilton County Commission on Women and Girls. The group meets with CPS leadership Thursday about getting free period products in all district bathrooms.
Cincinnati Council approved several measures Wednesday, including new video equipment for the Citizen Complaint Authority, a development agreement for a downtown project, and a new program for Greater Cincinnati Waterworks.
We keep hearing how this Sunday will be the Bengals' first AFC Championship game appearance since 1988. But it turns out, a lot more was going on in the Queen City that year...
The largest study in the world on biological differences of people living with PTSD could lead to diagnosis through blood and saliva tests.
Voter rights organizations and a national Democratic group say the new House and Senate maps are still gerrymandered to favor Republican candidates.
While in Newport Tuesday, Gov. Andy Beshear also talked about the future of the Brent Spence companion bridge project.
Support for WVXU is provided by
NPR News Headlines
- Russian President Putin said the West has not addressed Russia's main demands
- How one venture capitalist fought back against Uber's founder
- She helped fight for Ukraine's democracy. She hopes it survives
- Choosing the skin tone of an emoji is more complex than we might think
- A congressional delegation visits Kyiv to pledge solidarity with Ukraine
- Eric Gales reclaims his place as a blues guitar icon
- 'The Violin Conspiracy' shows what it can be like to play classical music while Black
More Topics To Explore