The Greater Cincinnati Native American Coalition was a last-minute addition to the city's Martin Luther King Day Celebration. Members of the group prayed and sang in their native language Monday. They may be planning a march for later this week.
Between 1882 and 1968, the NAACP documented 4,743 lynchings in the United States. All were abhorrent, but none was more socially and politically impactful than the lynching of Emmett Till.
Meet Michael Monks
NPR News Headlines
- Harris Wofford, Former Senator, Civil-Rights Activist, Dies At 92
- American Held In Russia Unwittingly Got Thumb Drive With State Secrets, Lawyer Says
- A Tentative Deal In The LA Teachers Strike — Now, Union Members To Vote
- House Democrats' Focus On Abortion Could Stymie Work With Senate
- White House Moves Forward With State Of The Union Plans After Pelosi Urged Delay