You're right to be cautious about the sun. It can cause skin cancer, damage your eyes and make you look older. But with the right protection, getting at least 30 minutes of it a day may prevent Type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome - which increases the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer, according to Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center researchers.
NPR News Headlines
- Boy Scouts Of America Files For Bankruptcy
- Jeff Bezos Pledges $10 Billion To Fight Climate Change, Planet's 'Biggest Threat'
- Refugee Docents Help Bring A Museum's Global Collection To Life
- 'Stable Genius' Authors Describe Trump Presidency As A 'Den Of Destruction'
- Virginia Governor's Bill To Ban Assault Weapons Fails, With Help From His Own Party