Saturday, Aug. 24, 2019 marks the 30th anniversary of Pete Rose's banishment from baseball. It's a sad, pathetic and often annoying saga that seems like it has been going on for 300 years and, unfortunately, will never end.
Following the mass shooting that took place in Dayton, Ohio, Governor Mike DeWine proposed new gun regulations, including expanded background checks and a version of a "red flag law." That legislation is likely to be met with resistance in the Ohio House. Although Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley is working hard to convince the governor and legislature to take action to reduce gun violence.
Cincinnati is fortunate to have a wide range of food trucks and even a fresh flower truck. Now, thanks to Melanie Moore , The Book Bus is bringing a mobile book store to local events and neighborhoods. Jim Nolan finds out more about the inspiration behind this venture after a long career in teaching.
NPR News Headlines
- Trump Walks Back Statements On China; White House Walks Them Forward
- Former Congressman And Talk Radio Host Joe Walsh Announces Trump Primary Challenge
- A Trumpet Made Of Bullets And The Kids Who Inspired It Take Hope Around The Country
- In Hong Kong, Moderate And Radical Protesters Join Forces To Avoid Past Divisions
- Firearms Museum Focuses On Gun Safety, History And Culture