Republican Steve Chabot has held Ohio's 1st District congressional seat for 28 of the past 30 years. But the district has changed and Chabot has not. And that could spell the end of his career.
This Week On 'Cincinnati Edition'
From The WVXU Newsroom
When asked what he thinks Ohio should be doing after 19 children and two teachers were gunned down in a Texas elementary school, Senate President Matt Huffman (R-Lima) said he doesn’t think the new permitless conceal carry law is an issue here.
The first draft of the Cincinnati budget for the next fiscal year includes funding for more police and fire recruits, a record-high human services fund, and proposes a number of new programs.
Current village leaders say there's never been more momentum for improvement than now, and a detailed land use plan maps out the optimistic future they're working toward.
A Metropolitan Sewer District superintendent says sewer line collapses are not an uncommon problem, and it will happen again.
The box, where people can safely surrender babies up to 30 days old, is located at at 1141 Old State Route 74, in Batavia. The box is accessible 24/7 and features climate control and a silent alarm system that notifies first responders of a surrendered infant.
Interim City Manager John Curp says there's no plan to reduce the number of police or fire officers, or to reduce policing in any neighborhoods.
Since the commission resubmitted maps that were already rejected, it seems likely the Republican commissioners are relying on an impending federal court deadline to take over the process.
Support for WVXU is provided by
Saturday at 8 p.m. is your chance to hear the 4 winning plays of the of the inaugural CCM Radio Theatre playwright competition. Click here for more details.
NPR News Headlines
- Officials call it the 'wrong decision' to delay confronting the Uvalde school shooter
- Xbox promotes Asian characters and creators amid calls for greater diversity in games
- Micro-Face Auction: The Most Collectible Comic Book Of All Time?
- What we know about the victims of the Uvalde school shooting
- North Korea says its COVID outbreak is now under control. But is it?
- Caught in a storm of criticism and internal strife, the NRA meets in Houston
- Depeche Mode founding keyboardist Andy Fletcher dies at 60
More Topics To Explore