Once upon a time, many years ago, I spent Christmas morning in the arraignment courtroom of the Hamilton County Municipal Court. No, wiseacres, I was not up on charges.
On his way out of office, former Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin issued a series of pardons and sentence commutations for convicted murderers and the rapist of a 9-year-old girl.
NPR News Headlines
- U.S.-China Trade Deal Phase 1 Is Here; December Tariffs Are Scrapped
- In Sri Lanka, China's Building Spree Is Raising Questions About Sovereignty
- House Judiciary Committee Approves 2 Articles Of Impeachment Against Trump
- A Father, His Daughter And The Choice To Start A Family As 'An Act Of Hope'
- Giuliani: The Lawyer At The Center Of The Ukraine Affair, And The Path That Led There
- MLB Network Airs Intimate Look At Dave Parker's Career, Parkinson's Battle
- Cammy Dierking Eager To Start New Career Jan. 2
- Walnut Hills Grad Jo Ellen Pellman Stars In 'The Prom' For Netflix
- MLB Network Profiling Dave Parker, 'The Cobra At Twilight'
- Bill Hemmer Gets 3 p.m. Show, Expanded Role On Fox News