I write this in the form of a confession. The bad news is that I was once guilty of creating fake news.
The suburb of Lincoln Heights is a community with a proud history, but it has faced struggles in recent decades from declining population to disinvestment in the neighborhood. The village was the first predominantly black self-governing community north of the Mason-Dixon line.
NPR News Headlines
- City Council Votes To Close New York's Notorious Rikers Island Jail Complex
- Juul Suspends Sales of Flavored Vapes And Signs Settlement To Stop Marketing To Youth
- Even With A New Agreement, Brexit Is Not A Done Deal. Here's Why
- Energy Secretary Rick Perry To Resign
- Senators Press CFPB To Dig Into Problems With Public Service Student Loan Program