The Rev. Jan Schmidt of St. Peter in Chains Cathedral describes feeling sick to his stomach when he heard the news of the devastating fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. "It's that kind of feeling because of the history and spirit of what's being destroyed there."
Introducing The Daily View Newsletter
Cincinnati could have more electric scooters on the road this summer. Companies Bird and Lime already have e-scooters operating in downtown, Over-the-Rhine and four other neighborhoods. Bird has also set up shop in Newport and Covington. Now, Cincinnati City Council has recommended that Bird be allowed to expand into Evanston, Avondale and North Avondale.
NPR News Headlines
- Colorado's Oil And Gas Regulators Must Now Consider Public Health And Safety
- How Notre Dame, 'Vast Symphony In Stone,' Weaves Its Way Through Parisian History
- Red Cross Releases Name Of Nurse Taken Hostage; New Zealand Fears For Her Safety
- Boeing Slow To 'Own' Recent Air Disasters, Analysts Say
- Supreme Court Dances Around The F-Word With Real Potential Financial Consequences