Mail-in or absentee voting has in the past only accounted for a small percentage of all votes cast nationwide. But as a global pandemic stops normal life for most Americans, an unprecedented number of states are encouraging voting by mail, including Ohio and Kentucky.
The search for a COVID-19 vaccine is taking place in research labs around the world, even here locally. Cincinnati Children's Hospital is conducting a clinical trial using hundreds of volunteers. It's one of nine testing and evaluation units as part of the National Institutes of Health’s effort to find cures and treatments for COVID-19.
NPR News Headlines
- Navy Investigating Video Of K-9 Attack Demonstration Using Kaepernick Jersey
- ISIS Attack On Afghan Prison Leaves At Least 29 Dead
- Unsuitable For A Pandemic? Add Men's Wearhouse, Jos. A. Bank To Bankruptcy List
- Everyone Loves The Chat Box: How Climate Science Moved Online
- Federal Judge Esther Salas Speaks Out About Deadly Attack On Her Family