New Cases Of COVID Increasing In Greater Cincinnati Schools
Ohio's school COVID dashboard shows some alarming numbers when it comes to new cases in the classroom. Half or more than half of total cases in some of Greater Cincinnati's largest school districts are new.
Ohio lists new cases among students, cumulative cases for students, new cases among staff and cumulative cases for employees on the dashboard. You can search by county or school district.
- In the last week, there have been 76 new cases among students and 46 new cases among staff in the largest Greater Cincinnati districts.
- Cincinnati Public Schools reports only two student cases but 24 staff members infected with COVID.
- Nearly all of Loveland's six cases are new (five of six). The same goes for Talawanda (four of five).
- Half of Fairfield's cases are new: 12 of 24.
- Nearly half of cases are new for Mason (14 of 36), Lakota (seven of 18) and Northwest (six of 14).
- All of the cases for a smaller school, Miami Valley Christian Academy in Newtown - eight - are new.
The highest numbers for infected staff in the bigger Greater Cincinnati districts include CPS, Northwest, Oak Hills, Hamilton and Fairfield.