DeWine and Vance turn down the Ohio Debate Commission, plus more top stories
Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine and U.S. Senate candidate J.D. Vance won’t appear on stage to debate their opponents this fall, at least not for the Ohio Debate Commission. Former Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley and Rep. Tim Ryan already agreed to participate in the debates.
The Ohio Republican Party issued a written statement:
"If the Ohio Debate Commission cannot find terms that are agreeable to all candidates, then they have failed in their stated mission."
On Cincinnati Edition we look at the response from the campaigns about this decision, plus more top stories.
- Karen Kasler, bureau chief, Ohio Public Radio and Television Statehouse News Bureau
- Jo Ingles, reporter and producer, Ohio Public Radio and Television Statehouse News Bureau
- Jeremy Pelzer, politics reporter, Cleveland.com and the Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Andrew Tobias, chief political reporter, Cleveland.com and the Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Paula Christian, I-team reporter, WCPO 9
- Dan Monk, I-team reporter, WCPO 9
Listen to Cincinnati Edition live at noon M-F. Audio for this segment will be uploaded after 4 p.m. ET.
Never miss an episode by subscribing to our podcast: