Race Closes Some Downtown Streets Saturday
The Cincinnati Cyclones Frozen 5K and 10K take place Saturday at 9 a.m. and as a result, expect some streets near the Ohio River to be closed.
The following streets will close at 8:30 a.m. and remain closed until about noon, with one exception: Mehring Way between Joe Nuxhall Way and Johnny Bench Way closes at 6 a.m. for staging.
- E. Pete Rose Way between Broadway and Johnny Bench Way
- E. Pete Rose Way eastbound between Broadway and Eggleston Avenue
- Riverside Drive eastbound between Eggleston Avenue and Bains Street
- Mehring Way between E. Pete Rose Way and W. Pete Rose Way
- W. Pete Rose Way eastbound between Mehring Way and Central Avenue
- Central Avenue between Third Street and Mehring Way
- Freedom Way between Elm Street and Joe Nuxhall Way
- Elm Street south of Second Street
- Race Street south of Second Street, though access to garage will be maintained
- Rosa Parks Street south of Second Street, with access to garage maintained
- Joe Nuxhall Way south of Second Street
- Ramp LL
- Johnny Bench Way
Given the polar vortex temps Cincinnati has experienced recently, runners (and everyone, really) are perhaps thankful that the race won't be all that "frozen": Our partner WCPO reports Saturday will see a high of 48 degrees with a zero percent chance of precipitation.