Meet The 7 Candidates Vying For Cincinnati School Board Appointment
The Cincinnati Public Schools board is identifying the seven candidates seeking to fill an open position. They range from community leaders to business-people and former educators.
The Board will interview the candidates Friday morning. A decision is expected that afternoon.
State rules dictate the slot be filled by June 1. The appointee will fill a term vacated by Lannis Timmons, who resigned May 2. The position runs through December 2019.
The candidates, with links to more information when available, are:
- Ozie Davis III, principal, Ozie Davis and Associates
- Renee Hevia, retired educator
- Marcia Futel, financial services professional
- Kareem Moncree-Moffett, adjunct professor and consultant
- Timothy West, senior managing director, Teach for America
- Bernard Young, retired, City of Cincinnati Board of Health
- Flora Kathy Young, retired educator
Futel, Hevia, Moffett and Flora Kathy Young all ran for CPS' board in 2017. Davis was a candidate for Cincinnati City Council in 2017.