During the three-week school shutdown mandated by Ohio Governor Mike DeWine to stop the spread of coronavirus, Cincinnati Public Schools will distribute meals at 24 locations for students beginning March 17.
In a release, the district says through April 3, dining services will provide meals on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays each week, with the additional service on Tuesday, March 17. Meals will be distributed between the hours of 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. and on a first-come, first-served basis.
On Mondays and Wednesdays, children will receive two breakfast meals and two lunch meals. On Fridays and on Tuesday, March 17, children will receive one breakfast meal and one lunch meal. All meals will "exceed" USDA nutritional requirements, the district says.
The Rules of Picking Up A Meal
Distribution will be in the parking lot of each school listed below. Families with children between the ages of 1-18 can drive through or walk up and pick up meals, though the district asks that if you drive, to stay in your vehicle and meals will be presented to you based on the number of children in the vehicle.
CPS emphasizes that this program is available solely for the pick-up of meals and cannot be consumed on-site. The district is also encouraging families not to congregate at sites once meals have been distributed in order to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Per USDA regulations, children must be present with their family in order to receive meals, the district notes.
The district is also accepting additional resources, such as toiletries or cleaning supplies, to give to CPS families at these distributions sites. Those who wish to participate should contact CPS Dining Services at 513-363-0800 for more information.
Meal Distribution Sites
- Academy of Multilingual Immersion Studies - 1908 E. Seymour Ave
- Bond Hill Academy - 1510 California Ave
- Cheviot School - 4040 Harrison Ave
- Fredrick Douglass School - 2627 Park Ave
- Hays-Porter School - 1030 Cutter Street
- John P. Parker School - 5051 Anderson Pl
- LEAP Academy - 2001 Baltimore Ave
- Mt. Airy School - 5730 Colerain Ave
- Mt. Washington School - 1730 Mears Ave
- Oyler School - 2121 Hatmaker Street
- Parker Woods Montessori - 4370 Beech Hill Ave
- Pleasant Hill Academy - 1350 W. North Bend Road
- Riverview East Academy - 3555 Kellogg Ave
- Roberts Academy - 1702 Grand Ave
- Rockdale Academy - 335 Rockdale Ave
- Roselawn Condon School - 1594 Summit Rod
- Rothenberg Preparatory Academy - 241 E. Clifton Ave
- Sayler Park School - 6700 Home City Ave.
- South Avondale School - 636 Prospect Place
- Western Hills University High School - 2144 Ferguson Road
- Westwood School - 2981 Montana Ave
- Winton Hills Academy 5300 - Winneste Ave
- Withrow University High School - 2488 Madison Road
- Woodford Paideia Academy - 3716 Woodford Road
When Does CPS Officially Close And Re-Open?
Schools close Monday, March 16, and resume Monday, April 6.