-
Plus, Cincinnati Council requests a review of the city's response to flash flooding and other major weather events.
-
The cleanup from flash flooding events earlier this month continues as officials ask what can be done to prevent or mitigate future problems.
-
As of Wednesday evening, MSD had completed about 900 investigations.
-
Over the past 20 years, MSD has confirmed nearly 8,000 sewer backups across the city were caused by the combined sewer system. About $28 million has been paid to homeowners to cover property damage caused by a sewer backup.
-
A sewage discharge along State Rt. 32 near 8 Mile Road occurred June 24. Officials told the public to avoid the area July 15.
-
An estimated 19,000 households in Hamilton County could be eligible for a 25% discount on their monthly sewer bill, but only about 3,500 are getting that discount.
-
The Metropolitan Sewer District says if it gets county approval, its proposed impervious surface fee pilot program could begin implementation as early as next year.
-
Metropolitan Sewer District Director Diana Christy says the increased cost of constructing a new pump station at the Mill Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant may require rate increases, but not large ones.
-
Under the program, property owners who currently don't pay for sewer service would be charged a fee for the amount of stormwater runoff they put into the system, but would also be incentivized to reduce stormwater contributions by planting trees or plants.
-
The only thing more surprising than a podcast about the sewer system is a comic book series about the sewer system. See a transcript of this episode along with more photos and videos at wvxu.org/backedup. Find us online: @cincinnatipublicradio @beccacostellonews @holdshelf