Great Parks of Hamilton County is debating a host of questions as it considers a new tax levy. The current one mill, 15-year levy expires in December 2017.
The parks' board is scheduled to decide in June whether it will put a levy request on the ballot this year, or wait until 2017.
The board must also decide whether to run a renewal or ask for an increase.
Plus, should the levy run for another 15 years or a shorter 10 year cycle?
Executive Director Jack Sutton says Great Parks' last two levies ran for 15 years each.
"So many things can happen in the time frame of a levy cycle: economic impacts, the emerald ash borer, for example, has had a huge impact on our parks and our budgeting. So, narrowing down to a ten-year term would give the board greater flexibility managing in the future."
Sutton says about 55 percent of the parks' budget comes from property tax revenues. The other 45 percent comes from earned income and other non-tax sources.