World No. 1 players Ashleigh Barty and Novak Djokovic are the top seeds for the Western & Southern Open taking place Aug. 10-18 at the Lindner Family Tennis Center in Mason.
Sixteen of the 56 players in each tournament are seeded, with the top eight men and women earning first-round byes.
Barty, of Australia, become the No. 1 player in June. Her rise from the No. 16 seed in 2018 to No. 1 in 2019 is the largest jump in the Western & Southern Open's women's tournament since it moved to a 56-player field in 2009, a release says.
Serbia's Djokovic, meanwhile, will be the top seed at the Western & Southern Open for a fifth time.
Here are the projected seeds the Western & Southern Open released Monday. Bold indicates first round bye.
WTA Seed (Listed as "Rank, Player, (Country), Age")
- Ashleigh Barty (Australia) 23
- Naomi Osaka (Japan) 21
- Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) 27
- Simona Halep (Romania) 27
- Kiki Bertens (Netherlands) 27
- Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic) 29
- Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) 24
- Sloane Stephens (USA) 26
- Aryna Sabalenka (Belarus) 21
- Serena Williams (USA) 37
- Anastasija Sevastova (Latvia) 29
- Belinda Bencic (Switzerland) 22
- Angelique Kerber (Germany) 31
- Johanna Konta (Great Britain) 28
- Marketa Vondrousova (Czech Republic) 20
- 16) Qiang Wang (China) 27
ATP Seed (Listed as "Rank, Player, (Country), Age")
- Novak Djokovic (Serbia) 32
- Rafael Nadal (Spain) 33
- Roger Federer (Switzerland) 37
- Dominic Thiem (Austria) 25
- Stefanos Tsitsipas (Greece) 20
- Kei Nishikori (Japan) 29
- Alexander Zverev (Germany) 22
- Karen Khachanov (Russia) 23
- Daniil Medvedev (Russia) 23
- Kevin Anderson (South Africa) 33
- Fabio Fognini (Italy) 32
- Roberto Bautista Agut (Spain) 31
- Borna Coric (Croatia) 22
- John Isner (USA) 34
- Marin Cilic (Croatia) 30
- Nikoloz Basilashvili (Georgia) 27