The Social Security Administration is out with its annual list of the most popular baby names in the United States. Olivia and Liam top the list nationally and in Ohio.
The SSA reports the top 10 names nationally on both lists remain nearly unchanged from 2019 with "the traditional names Henry and Alexander edging out Mason and Ethan. The name Henry has been steadily rising in popularity, last appearing in the Top 10 over a century ago, in 1910."
The fastest growing names in 2020 nationally are:
- Avayah, Denisse, Jianna, Capri, Rosalia
- Zyair, Jaxtyn, Jakobe, Kylo, Aziel
The top 10 names in Ohio in 2020 were:
- Olivia, Charlotte, Amelia, Ava, Emma, Sophia, Evelyn, Harper, Isabella, Eleanor
- Liam, Oliver, Noah, Elijah, William, James, Henry, Owen, Benjamin, Mason
The top 10 names in Kentucky in 2020 were:
- Amelia, Olivia, Ava, Emma, Harper, Charlotte, Isabella, Paisley, Sophia, Evelyn
- Liam, William, Oliver, Elijah, James, Noah, Lincoln, Hudson, Levi, Jackson
The top 10 names in Indiana in 2020 were:
- Charlotte, Olivia, Emma, Ava, Amelia, Sophia, Evelyn, Harper, Isabella, Eleanor
- Oliver, Liam, Elijah, Noah, Henry, Lincoln, William, Benjamin, James, Owe
Where Does Your Name Rank?
The SSA makes baby name data publicly available through several sortable databases. You can check out where your name does - or doesn't - rank by searching the baby name index.
For those who might be wondering, this author's name did not make the Top 100 or even the Top 1000 this year, or any year in the 2000s.
No, just me?