Updated: Sunday, 8:32 p.m. Students from a northern Kentucky high school are under fire after video of an interaction with an indigenous person near the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., Friday went viral on social media. It shows an older man singing and playing a drum as a young man stares at him.
According to testimony by a former staffer for the Kentucky House Republican caucus, Republican Kentucky Representative Jeff Hoover sexually assaulted her more than 50 times during her employment. The Kentucky Democratic Party is calling for Hoover and another Republican representative, Michael Meredith, to resign. The staffer alleges Meredith screamed vulgar comments at her.
Meet Michael Monks
NPR News Headlines
- You Don't Have To Go No-Carb: Instead, Think Slow Carb
- For 2020 Democrats, The Race Is On To Win Over Black Voters
- Why The U.S. Census Starts In Alaska's Most Remote, Rural Villages
- The Rams And The Patriots Will Face Off For Super Bowl LIII
- Republican Congresswoman Warns GOP Leaders Of Gender 'Crisis'