No one can accuse Ohio's newly re-elected U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown of letting the moss grow under his feet.
The "war to end all wars" began with Austria-Hungary's declaration of war on Serbia on July 28, 1914. The fighting ended when Germany accepted the armistice terms demanded by the Allies, on November 11, 1918. More than 17 million military personnel and civilians died, including 116,000 Americans.
NPR News Headlines
- Michael Avenatti, Stormy Daniels' Lawyer, Arrested On Allegations Of Domestic Violence
- 'Toxic' Is Oxford Dictionaries' Word Of 2018
- Sigrid Nunez, Elizabeth Acevedo Among 2018 National Book Award Winners
- Betsy DeVos Sued For Failing To Implement Automatic Student Loan Forgiveness
- Flake Pledges To Block Committee Votes On Judges — Until Mueller Bill On Senate Floor