Five months after Connie Pillich and Gwen McFarlin joined forces to become the first women co-chairs of the Hamilton County Democratic Party, Pillich has left to head a non-profit in Washington.
Kentucky has one of the highest graduation rates in the nation, with nearly 90 percent of seniors receiving their diplomas each year. But according to Commissioner of Education Wayne Lewis, not all of Kentucky's students are graduating prepared. Only 65 percent of 2017 graduates met standards preparing them for college or a career.
NPR News Headlines
- Bangladeshi Photojournalist And Activist Freed After 107 Days In Prison
- California Camp Fire Death Toll Reaches 81, Fire Authorities Say
- Michigan State University Ex-President Charged With Lying In Larry Nassar Case
- DHS Chief Visits U.S.-Mexico Border, Defends Administration's Asylum Rules
- Federal Officials Indict More Than 40 People Linked to White Supremacist Prison Gang