The Democratic National Committee announced Friday where in Ohio it plans to hold the next Democratic presidential debate.
After more than a quarter century in office, a popular local politician is retiring following a return of cancer. Hamilton County Commissioner Todd Portune’s career has seen him defy the odds, being elected as a Democrat before that was the norm in the region’s most populous but, for generations, heavily Republican county. In a teary announcement Thursday, he said that while cancer is derailing his plans to seek reelection, he will finish his current term.
As the celebration of King Records Month continues, Lee Hay has assembled a distinguished panel of organizers to discuss some upcoming events. Joining Lee are Sherry Glover Thompson , daughter of King Records legend Henry Glover; Darren Blase , co-owner of Shake It Records in Northside; and Christine Anderson , Associate Professor of History at Xavier University .
NPR News Headlines
- Osama Bin Laden's Son Killed In U.S. Counterterrorism Operation, Trump Says
- British Authorities Are Scrambling To Find A Stolen Solid Gold Toilet
- Mugabe's State Funeral Proceeds, But His Burial Plan Has Been Mired In Controversy
- Air Ambulances Woo Rural Consumers With Memberships That May Leave Them Hanging
- Alaska Villages Run Dry And Residents Worry 'If This Is Our Future Of No Water'