Cincinnati is working to takeover direct management of the city's streetcar system, which means the Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority (SORTA) would no longer be the operator. But officials are still considering whether city staff will oversee the system, or hand that responsibility to a non-profit authority.
Architecture and the built environment effect our lives every day, says American Institute of Architects Cincinnati Executive Director Julie Carpenter. Buildings are places where we live, work and play. Carpenter says there is an increased interest in design that promotes health and an improved quality of life. That is the focus of the AIA Ohio Valley Regional conference Sept. 19-21.
NPR News Headlines
- U.S. Abortion Rate Continues Long-Term Decline
- Free Software Pioneer Quits MIT Over His Comments On Epstein Sex Trafficking Case
- China Used Twitter To Disrupt Hong Kong Protests, But Efforts Began Years Earlier
- Gates Foundation's Humanitarian Award To India's Modi Is Sparking Outrage
- Journalist Cokie Roberts Pursued Her Ambitions With Integrity